Amy Z. Lee, DMD, MSD, PhD, PC
Care For Your Smile And let it brighten your day
For Those With Special Needs
If you have dexterity problems or a physical disability, you may find it difficult to hold onto your toothbrush or dental floss. Try these techniques:
- Enlarge the brush handle with a soft material such as a sponge, rubber ball or bicycle handle grip.
- Lengthen the handle with a piece of wood or plastic such as a ruler, popsicle stick, or tongue depressor.
- Tie floss into a loop for easier handling.
- Use a wide elastic band to attach the brush to your hand.
- Use an electric toothbrush or commercial floss holder.